Here I am again with yet another plumbing-related post. The thing is, something memorable (but not in a good way) happened while I was staying at a girl friend’s house just a few days ago.
It was my friend’s bridal shower and she requested that we, her closest friends stay for the night. Her home was a nice 2-bedroom house, with 2 bathrooms. Her bathrooms are some serious bathroom goals. I loved the look and feel of it from the get go, until the nightmare started.
It began with a foul odor emanating from the shower drain in one of the bathrooms. The smell alone ruined our supposedly fun night. At first we managed to ignore it, but it become bothersome eventually, and for all I know, inhaling sewer gas can be hazardous. We knew we have to do something about it.
Since it was so late in the night, my friend was doubtful that there would be a contractor in Illinois that would be available. Luckily, I knew a plumbing company that is available 27/4. I told her to contact Plumbers 911, for sure they have a licensed plumber in Chicago who can help us at that hour of the night. I was right.
The contractor arrived equipped with plumbing tools and equipment and wasted no time. He performed sewer inspection and in less time than we expected the plumber had discovered the source of the problem and fixed it right away. The culprit, we were told was a crack in the vent pipe. It was a considerably quick fix, but without the technician’s equipment and skills, we would still be inhaling toxic sewage gas until the morning.
It’s a good thing that there’s a reliable service provider that you can call any time of the day for emergency situations like this.